Here are a few highlights:
- Membership has increased by 10% for a total of 218 members
- The Chamber continues to coordinate several events including Indoor Fair, Women’s Expo, Chamber Golf Event, Bridal Showcase, Ag Breakfast and Summer Celebration.
- We have added some events specifically for our members including the NW Iowa Business Summit in the spring and Leadership Sioux Center that will begin in the fall of 2014.
- An event to connect businesses and schools and to inform students, parents and teachers of the job opportunities available in our area is scheduled for January 2015.
- The Chamber is an active member of other committees that promote our community including Leadercast, Siouxperman Triathlon, Farm Safety Day, and many others.
- Over 20 ribbon cuttings, chamber coffees and open houses were hosted at various businesses
- We redeemed over $125,000 in chamber gift certificates.
We also spent some time developing a strategic plan. Here are a few of the priorities:
- Create a “Business after 5” event
- Research alternative Chamber Gift Certificate programs
- Develop Education Events for our members.
- Reformat Awards Night
- Strengthen school/business connections.
- Research need for a Young Professionals Group
- Coordinated Marketing