Connecting our community through Lifelong Learning.
A Collaboration Between the Sioux Center Chamber of Commerce and The Sioux Center Public Library
Essential Skills for Leadership Excellence
This interactive, meaty program will delve into key leadership traits and behaviors, and throughout the program, participants will be engaged in applying these principles to their own work.
- Explore key roles and responsibilities of team leaders, based on well-respected research on how to create strong, productive work teams
- Learn how to set clear expectations for your people
- Learn the importance of and how to give consistent, timely, and specific feedback to your team members (both positive and corrective)
- Learn how to build positive relationships with team members through coaching...including skills of asking open-ended questions; actively listening; and teaching team members to problem-solve
- Learn the how-to's of successful verbal and nonverbal communication as a leader
Brenda Clark Hamilton
Keynote speaker | workplace trainer
Brenda Clark Hamilton is a dynamic keynote speaker who offers fresh perspectives in leadership, communication, team-building, change management, and offering one’s personal best to life, relationships, and career. Brenda launched her speaking business in the fall of 2005 by offering training to businesses in her northern Iowa community. She spoke at her first statewide conference in January of 2008. Since that time, she has become a nationally-recognized conference speaker and audience favorite, keynoting at several hundred events in twenty-four states. Audiences are quick to note Brenda’s sense of humor, in-depth knowledge, high energy, and skill at keeping them engaged. She refers to her programs as ‘Fresh Coffee,’ noting that she strives to keep them new, fresh, and invigorating.
There is a no refund policy but you are welcome to send a substitute.