Connecting our community through Lifelong Learning.
A Collaboration Between the Sioux Center Chamber of Commerce and The Sioux Center Public Library
Rally your communication mojo!
Increase your effectiveness as a communitcator
In this engaging, interactive session, we will explore
user-friendly strategies that can be immediately implemented to make you more effective when you communicate.
- Identify two essential traits of ‘Lovable Stars,’ and explore ways to build rapport with those you meet.
- Learn key questions to ask in considering your audience’s perspective…whether that be an audience of 1 or 1000.
- Recognize the value in finding the middle ground between Inductive and Deductive communication.
- Explore specific examples of body language and tone of voice that are well or poorly received.
- Learn how to respect others through active listening.
- Learn what to say--and what NOT to say--to keep tense conversations calm and productive.
Brenda Clark Hamilton
Keynote speaker | workplace trainer
Brenda Clark Hamilton is a dynamic keynote speaker who offers fresh perspectives in leadership, communication, team-building, change management, and offering one’s personal best to life, relationships, and career. Brenda launched her speaking business in the fall of 2005 by offering training to businesses in her northern Iowa community. She spoke at her first statewide conference in January of 2008. Since that time, she has become a nationally-recognized conference speaker and audience favorite, keynoting at several hundred events in twenty-four states. Audiences are quick to note Brenda’s sense of humor, in-depth knowledge, high energy, and skill at keeping them engaged. She refers to her programs as ‘Fresh Coffee,’ noting that she strives to keep them new, fresh, and invigorating.
There is a no refund policy but you are welcome to send a substitute.